Update From Administrator – August 19, 2020
August 19, 2020
As always, our team and I hope this email finds you safe and healthy. I am pleased to report that we continue to remain COVID-free for both our staff and residents.
Unfortunately, in May we had to postpone National Nursing Home Week due to the unforeseen pandemic. Athena Recreation Departments in all our facilities hosted an Athena Nursing home week from 8/9/2020 through 8/15/2020 to help celebrate and appreciate our residents and staff. We know how hard our staff have been working and how much our residents have been affected by the social limits which were results of this pandemic. If you haven’t done so already, check-out our Facebook page for pictures of our staff and residents from several of the special events which took place.
A few quick points on our outdoor visits:
- The visits MUST be pre-scheduled to ensure safe and healthy visits for you, the residents, and our staff. It also allows our team to ensure your loved one is available and ready for your visit to make the most of your time together.
- Face coverings must always be worn and a social distance of 6 feet between you and your loved ones for the entirety of the visit.
- Check out our website for specific guidelines and details regarding perimeter visits.
- Alternative visits (Facetime, Skype, and window visits) are still taking place. You can schedule a visit by calling 860-684-6341 or emailing Kathy Smola at Recreation@Evergreenhcc.com / Paulina Luna (Maple Lane Residents) at DemCoord@Evergreenhcc.com
Other updates from our recreation team include:
- Athena has provided our facility with additional tablets! These tablets are at each nursing station, and assigned for resident use such as virtual visits, games, etc.
- We have daily scheduled “Fresh Air” time where residents can get some much-needed sunshine while supervised to ensure social distancing.
- The outdoor musical entertainment for National Nursing Home Week went so well, we plan to continue offering outdoor concerts. Some of these concerts will have seating for family members to join us (socially distanced). These spots are very limited. Please contact our Recreation Department to see about reserving a seat.
As a reminder, our next “Town Hall” meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 27th at 2PM. We encourage any residents and family members to feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about the care we are offering. Our commitment is to be as transparent as possible and work to address any issues that arise.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!