Update From Administrator – August 4, 2020
August 4, 2020
Our team and I hope this email finds you safe and healthy. I am pleased to report that we continue to remain COVID-free for both our staff and residents. As we continue to maintain a COVID-free status, we will hopefully be able to reduce restrictions under the guidance of the CDC and Department of Public Health.
As always, we thank our team for the hard work they while in our center; their chosen careers were never simple or easy to begin with, but working through a pandemic and under such troubled times as they do today, only makes their jobs even tougher. They received wonderful recognition during the pandemic and I continue to thank and appreciate them! Additional recognition is coming as we celebrate them again during our version of National Nursing Home Week from August 10th– August 15th.
A few quick points on our outdoor visits:
- Must be pre-scheduled to ensure safe and healthy visits for you, the residents, and our staff. It also allows our team to ensure your loved one is available and ready for your visit to make the most of your time together.
- Masks and Face Shields must always be worn and a social distance of 6 feet between you and your loved ones for the entirety of the visit.
- Check out our website for specific guidelines and details regarding perimeter visits.
- Alternative visits (Facetime, Skype, and window visits) are still taking place. You can schedule a visit by calling 860-684-6341 or you may email:
Kathy Smola at Recreation@EvergreenHCC.com
Paulina Luna (Maple Lane Residents) at Demcoord@EvergreenHCC.com
Other updates from our recreation team include:
- Each nursing unit has tablets assigned for resident use such as virtual visits, games, etc.
- We have fresh airtime where residents can get some much-needed sunshine while supervised to ensure social distancing.
- We are also now scheduling resident outdoor social distancing activities programs.
- Weekly BINGO continues!! Our residents are loving those “BINGO Bucks”!! The prize cart is fully stocked, and making it’s rounds.
As a reminder, our next “Town Hall” meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, August 5th, at 2pm. We encourage any residents and family members to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about the care we are offering. Our commitment is to be as transparent as possible and work to address any issues that arise.
If you have not done so already, please update your email address with the facility. This ensures that you are in our email group. You may send an email to Admissions@EvergreenHCC.com with the subject line “Add to Group”. Please make sure to include who your family member is, so that we may update their medical record.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!